I prayed the sinner's prayer on 2020-06-11 in the presence Paul Lim, my friend, colleague, and brother in Christ and accepted Christ as my personal saviour. Studying God's word is an important part of being a believer, and I have heard of many who claim to have read the Bible ``dozens of times''. I am curious about how my own studying of God's word goes, and so I have created this tracker.
|Song of Solomon||1||2|
The choice of bible versions are deliberate. Here are the reasons for each:
- King James Version (KJV)
- The original protestant Holy Bible version, as found on Project Gutenberg. I first completed my first reading of the Holy Bible with this version some time in 2015. Was hard to understand partly due to language, partly due to the purely verse-only form, which obscured some thematic relationships via paragraphs constructed from consecutive verses.
- New King James Version (NKJV)
- A linguistically updated version of the KJV. Also has useful section titles summarising the themes from paragraphs that are formed by verses.
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- Another linguistically modern version of the Holy Bible, but with additional formatting to form paragraphs out of the verses, enhancing readability by a lot more. This is the version I end up reading when I am using BibleGateway. This includes ESV Study Bible.
- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- One of the four specifically named good English versions of the Holy Bible mentioned in Pasir Panjang Christ Church.
- Chinese Union Version (CUV)
- Specifically named good Chinese version of the Holy Bible mentioned in Pasir Panjang Christ Church.
- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
- Part of the study bible from the perspective of Christian Apologetics.