I prayed the sinner's prayer on 2020-06-11 in the presence Paul Lim, my friend, colleague, and brother in Christ. Since studying God's Word is such an important aspect of being a believer, I have decided to start up a new page in a new directory to track my coverage of the Holy Bible, in my usual typical fashion. Maybe later on, as I get more matured in the ways of Christ, will I expand this section.
|Song of Solomon||1||1|
The choice of bible versions are deliberate. Here are the reasons for each:
- King James Version (KJV)
- The original protestant Holy Bible version, as found on Project Gutenberg. I first completed my first reading of the Holy Bible with this version some time in 2015. Was hard to understand partly due to language, partly due to the purely verse-only form, which obscured some thematic relationships via paragraphs constructed from consecutive verses.
- New King James Version (NKJV)
- A linguistically updated version of the KJV. Also has useful section titles summarising the themes from paragraphs that are formed by verses.
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- Another linguistically modern version of the Holy Bible, but with additional formatting to form paragraphs out of the verses, enhancing readability by a lot more. This is the version I end up reading when I am using BibleGateway. This includes ESV Study Bible.
- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- One of the four specifically named good English versions of the Holy Bible mentioned in Pasir Panjang Christ Church.
- Chinese Union Version (CUV)
- Specifically named good Chinese version of the Holy Bible mentioned in Pasir Panjang Christ Church.
- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
- Part of the study bible from the perspective of Christian Apologetics.